Sudden thoughts

Becoming successful and achieving independence, both mentally and financially are two of the most quintessential dreams that every person making their way into the 20's has. But I wonder, most of the time, whether these dreams will ultimately bring me the happiness I seek? Happiness to me, is not having any regrets at the end of the day, something which i have never been able to fully realize. I worry that, in the intense and crazy rush towards fulfilling my dreams, I am losing out on the more important facets that make life what it is. I worry that I am not spending enough time with my family, I am not leaving enough moments to breathe, to sit and to will myself to view things in their right perspective. Just sitting down, reminiscing about the past and sharing a few words of comfort and love with the people who matter should never be compromised. I have discovered that in my endeavor to constantly find time to relax and relish the present, I never actually do justice to the opportunities I do end up getting. Time gone can never be brought back and even though we know it, comprehend it and understand it, we never seem to be able to practice it. Ultimately, we end up consoling ourselves to embark on the journey of pursuing our dreams, albeit with more than a few regrets. But, we must always remember that the people who travel along with us should never be forgotten as we would'nt be where we are without them...

Nivedita

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To like or not to like

The Shakti within us

Slow Life or No Life